Looking for a rewarding Volunteer opportunity with a Horsham-based arts festival? We are looking for an organised individual with previous experience of volunteering at a charity as Secretary. The role of the Secretary is to support the Chair and Project Manager in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Members and Management Committee.
In summary, the Secretary is responsible for:
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted
- Maintaining effective records and administration
- Upholding the legal requirements of governing documents, charity law, company law etc (where relevant).
- Communication and correspondence
1. Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted
- Liaising with the Chair to plan meetings
- Receiving agenda items from committee members
- Circulating agendas and reports
- Taking minutes
- Circulating approved minutes
- Checking that agreed actions are carried out.
2. Maintaining effective records and administration
- Keeping up-to-date contact details (i.e. names, addresses and telephone numbers) for the management committee and (where relevant) ordinary members of the organisation.
- Filing minutes and reports
- Compiling lists of names and addresses that are useful to the organisation, including those of appropriate officials or officers of voluntary organisations.
- Keeping a record of the organisation’s activities
- Keeping a diary of future activities
3. Upholding legal requirements
- Acting as custodian of the organisation’s governing documents
- Checking quorum is present at meetings
- Ensuring elections are in line with stipulated procedures
- Ensuring organisation’s activities are in line with its objects
- Ensuring charity and company law requirements are met (where relevant, unless there is a separate company secretary)
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels, as required.
Interested? Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.